Astilbe is an offbeat, bohemian dress, which combines two strikingly unusual French laces to sublime effect.
Worn over a silk-satin slip dress, Astilbe’s lace top is closely cut to finish just below the hips, where it changes from a geometric all-over scallop motif and flows into a frothy tulle-like lace skirt. The skirt’s lace is covered in abstract lines which flow down towards a gently undulating scalloped hem. Plunging V necks at front and back are finished in the lace’s scallop edge, as are the ever-so-slightly gathered cap sleeves. A row of satin finished champagne coloured pearl buttons down the dresses’s back add detail, and Astilbe is best finished with a sash around the waist.
Astilbe is a relaxed, easy-to-wear dress made from an unusual combination of lace designs. It would be equally at home worn at a rustic, laid-back celebration or a modern city wedding.
To see Astilbe worn over a bronze slip, please click here.
- Silk-satin slip available in a variety of colours
- Alternative sleeve options available
- Alternative neckline options available
- Lace dress can be lined so that slip is not required
- Slip back can be raised and straps widened for those requiring more supportive underwear